Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pine Sol is my friend....

I have been having 'bathroom' issues with the 2 teen boys in my house...apparently toilet paper is one commodity to be used generously at all times.... FOR the THIRD time in 2 weeks, I have had to mop and disinfect my entire main bathroom....BECAUSE said teen boys use too much TP and then it stops up my toilet at 7:30am!!!! BEFORE I've had coffee or anything! Therefore NO PICS of this gal's wild and crazy life. I have come to a conclusion....

Every evening before my hubby leaves work he calls and asks if I need anything from the grocery store (or wherever)...and I usually have to say...yes honey, pick up some TP paper...I usually buy big bulk packs...he buys small expensive 'specialty' packs...AH HA! He's been buying the super thick, cushiony, lotiony kind...easier on the bottom he says...BUT we had a *discussion* last night about how 'using the terlit' is NOT to be a leisurely, make a life decision meditation kind of activity.....I want all the males to ---- go, do the business quickly, look around and clean up any boo-boos (flush, wipe off seat, staighten bath rugs back because somehow they always look like someone did the twist) and then GET OUT! Half the blame went to hubby and his penchant for buying the *best* and the other half goes to the teen boys for overloading the bowl and then being too scared to flush because it 'might' overflow! Then whoever hits it first the next day or afternoon or whenever...ends up having to flush and causing an overflow...I never use that bathroom unless I wash my hands in there and check it to make sure unexpected company won't run screaming from my house...I use my bathroom...smells nice, looks nice, and is always clean!

I made the boys a cleaning bucket with PINE SOL, scrubby brushes, rags and other cleaning items ...it is theirs from now on...and they have been informed that they will be woken up at any time of night to take care of problem IF an overflow ever happens again...I should see much improvement in the amount (and expense) of TP type products. ONE can only HOPE.

...and I have a really, really, really clean bathroom right now.

3 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Men should have to sit down to use the facilities - no ifs, ands or "butts" about it. I don't care how emasculating they think it is - it should be a law - if there's a woman in the house or if a woman even VISITS the house, there is no standing up to do their business! They can stand up when they're outside and want to write their names - that's the only time!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Now that was a good solution!

Andrea said...

oh my gosh, this is what I have to look forward to with my two boys, 5 and 3? *shudder*