Tuesday, October 30, 2007
I am including this site with the blog thoughts...been thinking about this a lot. Please read...
Have a wonderful day, y'all...be on soon with quilts to show ...and the twins are here...are a week old...more to come, of course!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I have worked on and finished 2 of my UFO quilts and will be working on a finishing 2 more this week...hopefully the 'fog ' will clear out of the head for me to show you some awesome leaf shots I got today from my trip to Ashevolle...the colors are fantastic!
I have a feeling this week will be a fine bitch session and a raving report of little girls!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
the crappy layout,I still don't know how to do some stuff...
- I am easily bored.
- I put too much on my plate (y'know the thing when you were a kid and you piled food on your plate, only to find after 4 bites, you were FULL
- I must have ADD, (2 of the 4 boys do, I inherited it)
- I rebelling against my mom and dad (they would be apalled)
- I forget...nuff said.
- It's easier to watch tv doing a new project than to watch tv finessing a project.
- I have no floor space to lay out and sandwich larger items w/o Jiffy (the cat) or Keera (the husky-mix) from deciding they LOVE it and have to check it out...and then stay on it....had a few where I layed out to finish and Jiffy decided to make them his he took a pee...bad, bad kitty and he NEVER does that except on those projects!
- I procrastinate, that's different from forgetting.
- My binding skills are not up to (my) par.
- I like having a future (I cannot die with things left to do, right?)
In all actuality, this makes me sad. Some people have seen these and are waiting on them, a few for YEARS!
There are 2 of some of these, and there are some I know I have, but couldn't find, and there are also some other crafty sewing projects that need finishing (I love my serger)...and I am really scared to look in the sewing room closet or on the wall shelves...unh, unh, NOT today.
I get plenty of other things done, including some quilts that I give away. I do well under pressure and a deadline....so what EVIL has gotten hold of me? I don't even like half of these quilt tops anymore, that's how old some of these are...my tastes and skills have changed. So my goal for each month is to knock out 3 of these until they are done...just in time for Christmas, and beyond....but I saw some really cute stuff to make for Christmas and the twins are due, and my National Guard son may want a blankie from home, and my nieces love batiks (as do I), and.....oooooh, I need a sedative, and maybe some counselling. I dare ya to actually take pics of your UFO's and see if it's not just a little freaky...let me know how may you have.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Please visit this site and check out the wonderful things and beautiful pics of the 'saved' wolves and part wolf breeds. These people do an amazing things...and you get to be a part of it!
Have a wonderful day>
Sunday, October 14, 2007
The day was beautiful!!! I saw a turtle, a duck amongst a lot of geese who were in a very shallow part of the lake. There is a drought going on and they mucking through the mud. I spotted a few spiders, a few lizards and teeny tiny frog, and on the pier some small fishies, all at the top trying to find food...there were no bugs! The weather is hurting ALL of us. Praying for rain.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Monday, October 8, 2007
Sunday, October 7, 2007
The twins may come at any time...Steph's having contractions...Patrick is nervousing and I am SSSSSOOOOOO
EXCITED! Soon we will have 2 baby girls...woohoo!
Jamey leaves for National Guard Boot Camp tomorrow...yes, i said Jamey...more about that later....
I have all kinds of stuff in my head right now, fibromyalgia, quilting, evolution, insomnia, job hunting, high schoolers, post-high schoolers, grandmothers, FOOD, fall weather, herbs, ...
OK, off to eat and figure out how the rest of this works!