Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Be sure to visit Debi's blog at http://fallintofallquilters.blogspot.com/ or click on the scarecrow to the left after you enter my giveaway. There are many more participants with giveaways to enter...now go!
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!!!!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME THAT YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW
- My 4th son was exactly 3 months premature, weighing in at 1.5 oz. I held him in the palm of my hand and there was room to spare. He is now 16 and 6' 2", still growing.
- I failed my driver's test the first 2 times...I was so nervous...the third time I passed and surprised the instructor and hugged him in front of all the highway patrolman. I have only had one wreck that was my fault (and the slick, wet, oily road - no one hurt) and no tickets.
- I am 50 and I simply cannot wrap my brain around that number...I do not feel it. Both my grandmother's are alive and in their 90's.
- I wore a pair of shoes today that my mom bought me when I was a junior in high school.
- My favorite comfort food is .... don't go ewwww.... Velveeta cheese slices on toasted bread with a glass of Nestle Quik chocolate milk...when I was in grade school my dad would leave his work early during the week to be home when my brother and I got off the school bus (my mom worked till 5) and he always had our afterschool snack ready...most days my mom left 'healthy' snacks for us...but at least twice a week we got Velveeta and Quik or my dad's 'infamous' spoon fudge...and we learned NOT to tell on him!
- I am just like my moma and dad...and I am finally happy about that.
- I would marry my husband all over again and the only thing I would change would be to tell him 'I love you' more often...I didn't tell him much with 4 little boys running around...who had the time. He does hear it now.
And there it is...I don't do these often and now I am thinking of all kinds of things....I would love for anyone else to do this and let me read yours....
My Marine just called and got a 5-day leave, altho he is not supposed to go farther than 100 miles (who's counting?), he and DIL and Kaylin and THE TWINS may be coming for the weekend...which means I have to hustle to get my sewing room and the office and the den and the dining room cleaned up...I have surprise sewing laying everywhere and I have to hide it from them!
I hope to be back this weekend and show you lots of stuff and tell you about my breakdown!
Friday, September 5, 2008
(say a prayer) So here a a whole post of the latest pics from Steph and I hope to be there in 3 weeks! Miss you Kaylin!!! Miss you Olivia and Haley!!! Miss you Steph and Patrick!!!
...and look at the cool ribbon/button and applique embellishments!
I am also going to show the apron I made for my partner...I have never made one this style and was so excited how it turned out! I will make this one again! She should get it today.
Thanks for the swap fun...and I have to get back to sewing now...lots of projects to make...