Monday, April 14, 2008

Some pincushions

I have always hated cutting ...I wish pieces could magically be bought the way I want in the fabrics I want...or the Sewing Fairy would take care of that task for me at night while I get my precious 3 hours of sleep. I can spend half my time cutting and then sew thru my project quickly...but I am such a sloooow cutter-outer. ok...done with rant for the moment.





I made some pincushions this morning...they looked hard to me...but I made them. I used the pattern from BH&G Quilts and More Summer 2007 http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/magazines/qam_1.html , by Heather Bailey...tooo cute!
I will use cuter, brighter fabrics next time.




Have a great day y'all!

3 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Beautiful pincushions, girly!! I'll be your sewing fairy - I don't mind cutting :D

Now I'm going to have to check to see if I have that issue of Quilts & More !

Nicki Parker said...

bella: I followed you here from your comment on my blog about hating the cutting part. How funny! Great minds think alike, right?...once last year when I had the house to myself for the weekend, I set up my cutting mat on the kitchen island in front of the big screen TV. I then proceeded to cut out aprons for 9 hours straight!! I made a good dent in my fabric stash and for the next few months I really did feel like I'd been visited by fabric fairies....I could just sit down and sew! I have another weekend like that comming up soon and plan to do it again.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love all your PC's!! (Post Cards and Pin Cushions!!)Well done.