Sunday, May 11, 2008

My reason for being...Happy Mother's Day

Having 4 boys has been a hoot

(and still is, especially when they are all together).

In HS, one of my BFF's wanted 10 kids, another

of my BFF's wanted 2, and I wanted 0 (nada, zip, none).

I had big plans, I was going to move to NYC and be a

working girl (I was into drafting), I was going to walk

my dog in Central Park and meet a ton of cool guys

and say NO to them all and break their little hearts.



Funny how things work out. I wasn't the first to get married,

I DID do the 'break their hearts' to a few guys...BUT then one

got me and yep, I was taken...I'll tell that story another time.

I do have more kids than my HS buds and I do enjoy being a

MOM...more verbally than my HS and college friends...and

they still find that hilariously ironic and amusing.



So on to Mother's Day....this pic is the 'best' professional pic of

the family boy pics we have, IMO...because hubby decided to surprise

me with this one...I had gone to a training thing for work and he

had this done while I was gone. He had a PLAN...all in jeans and reds,

what he didn't plan on because he wasn't aware of the 4-boy dynamic,

was the time and energy, coaxing, and pleading it would take to

get one good pic (he thinks it never came, I do). Apparently this took

4 HOURS to get...they were fussing, and picking at each other and it shows

...that's why it's my favorite. Patrick looks defeated and surely wants to leave,

Jamey has given way to giggling, Mike was (and still is) always smiling,

and Zach was having a rather good day...he wasn't sleeping.

I so LOVE these guys and this is who they are! So different, fun, and wierd.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how sweet they are :)