Saturday, February 9, 2008

Well, I wasn't going to say anything...but








Yesterday was a kind of busy day for me...hair, driver's license renewal, grocery store, and I needed to finish the binding on my Valentine wallhanging....I had a huge craving for cornbread last night, so I made some...and with tomatoes, cooked spinach, white northern beans, corn and some chicken breasts...I had me some good ole supper, my grand mother would be proud, actually my dad would, he thinks I never eat the 'good' stuff. Sometimes you just have to...




...so after dinner and a little clean-up and a little 'puter time, I decided to watch my favorite vampire of the year on Monnlighting AND finish up the border on my heart quilty...settled on the sofa, remote beside me 3 lights all around me so I could see...and I started stitching away...loving the moment...I heard Kim going in and out the doors and didn't pay any attention, I was on a mission to complete this by 11p...about 10 minutes later Kim was standing in doorway, clearing his throat with a package in his arms...hmmm, I thought , oh no, he's bought himself a new toy, wonder what it is, and what kind of bargain (he's awesome at finding bargains) he's found now, but I also didn't want to stop the stitching and get up (God forbid getting out of my finally found comfy sewing positon)...so I looked up at him and asked ..what'd ya find? He's grinning and says "this is for you and I was going to wait till tomorrow but I think you might like it now". I cannot imagine what I would want right now but I pretended a big smile and GOT UP...started opening my gift ...and OMG, he bought me a floor standing OTT light!!!!! Yes, I was jumping up and down,,,and yes he put it together quickly (5 min) and yes within 15 minutes (after a hug and a few kisses) I was hand binding with my OTT light and NO OTHER lights!!! You all gotta get one of these...he has a small one on his desk and I never touch it because I know I would have never returned it to him...what a great thing for him to have done...anyway, I did get the wall hanging done and I did get it done before 11p...


you see...


The real deal is....TODAY is my birthday and I'm 50 and I think I can deal with that...it's a really big step that I am saying this OUT LOUD (age issues)... I got phone calls and cards from my family yesterday telling me HB...and also telling me my gifts were sent late and to be expecting them sometime next week...most of these people grew up with me or raised me...don't they KNOW I LOVE PRESENTS and I want presents NOW...I am spoiled and I don't care...send me my presents, now. I really am not THAT selfish or spoiled or diva-ish. But I want what I want...I want to see my grandbabies along with #1 son and #1 dil (that's not happening right now), I want to see my #2 son (that's not happening right now), I want #3 son to get-a-life..or a-clue (not happening right now) and I want #4 son to find the $400 pair of glasses I had to buy because he lost the other $400 pair 2 weeks ago (not happening right now)....and I want my family and friends all safe and happy.



AND I WANT PRESENTS...and God understands that, HE gives presents all the time.

I also want someone to teach me how to lay out this blog....so frustrating.





1 comment:

Dimple Queen said...

Well, Well, Well....Happy Birthday to you!!!! I hope you had a good one despite not seeing the kiddos and grand kiddos! I hope you get to see them soon!

Angela

BTW..Like the new do! and if I could I would help you with the blog layout thing, but I am just learning myself and am not sure how to explain what I have done! For me...trial and error....

I do know you can click on the "customize" button up top and you can play around with the layout there.